The Ship is a Traditional Country Village Inn situated in the heart of the beautiful village of Blaxhall, just 2 miles from Snape and 6 miles from the Suffolk Heritage Coast at Aldeburgh.
We offer a real taste of the country, all our ingredients are sourced locally within a 20 mile radius and delivered fresh every day. We stock an ever changing range of Award winning Real Ales, Real Ciders & Lagers. Here at The Ship Inn you will find two types of cosy, comfortable chalet style accommodation with the promise of a hearty three course breakfast menu included in the cost of your stay. Food is served in the two open and interconnecting bar areas and the menu always includes popular country favourites alongside some globally inspired alternatives. Our daily seafood delivery is brought in directly from the Suffolk coast at Aldeburgh & Lowestoft, we are also able to cater for special dietary needs, please simply call us to discuss your requirements.
The historical market town of Woodbridge is within easy reach by road or rail from Wickham Market (Campsea Ashe) train station, giving a regular fast service into the centre of London.
Detached from the pub, we have two different sets of chalet style accommodation – For those looking for something to do, the staff here at The Ship Inn have a wealth of local knowledge so please feel free to ask about places to explore and things to do or even the number of a local taxi company.
Where ever you come from, and whatever you come for, we guarantee a warm and friendly welcome. Please come back to our website often to check out all the latest events and news.
• In easy reach of Aldeburgh, Snape and Woodbridge
• Traditional interior with exposed beams
• Detached bed & breakfast accommodation
• Home made food, Real Ales & Real Cider
• Regular live music and events
• Free Wi-Fi (fibre optic broadband)
• Breakfast (8.30 am – 10.00 am) – non residents welcome.
• Monday (11.00 am – 11.00 pm).
• Tuesday – Saturday (11.00 am – 11.00 pm).
• Sunday (12.00 Noon – 10.30 pm).
• Last orders for food 8.15 pm daily (8.00 pm Sundays).
Please come and join us at one of Suffolk’s friendliest and most welcoming country pubs.
We are Dog & Child friendly too (although we do not have a children’s play area)